1. The service is offered on an exclusive basis per postcode district, with only one agent being licensed to use the service in that district.
2. The service includes the use of a templated canvassing letter. As a Smart Canvassing licensed agent, you are only permitted to use this WITHIN YOUR LICENSED POSTCODE DISTRICT/S. We reserve the right to revoke your licence if you fail to adhere to this stipulation with the possible effect of your licence being reallocated to another agent.
3. Mailings are controlled via your online account. You are able to log into your account on the 26th of each month and deselect any that you do not wish to send to. Otherwise as this is an auto-canvassing service anything you do not deselect is automatically mailed on the 1st of the month.
4. Payment at the agreed rate (ie £69pm+vat when paid monthly, or the equivalent of £49pm+vat when paid annually) should be made by Direct Debit (which is governed by the Direct Debit Guarantee). If a direct debit payment due should fail for whatever reason we will contact you to arrange alternative payment. Should such payment not be forthcoming within 10 working days of the due date then we reserve the right to revoke your licence and reallocate it to another agent. Printing, envelope, and postage costs £0.66 per letter sent.* The £100 setup fee covers bespoke branding of your letter and the creation of your account a year in advance. Printing, envelope, and postage currently costs 66 pence per letter sent. We reserve the right to vary postage costs without notice, but only ever in line with any increase in postage costs announced by Royal Mail.
Completion of the direct debit mandate acts as confirmation that you would like to proceed, and as a contract between us, at which point work on the account will begin immediately. Payments drawn at this stage will not be refundable, as there is a direct association with work undertaken in order to set up your account.
5. There is an initial contract of twelve months upon registration for the Smart Canvassing service. After this contract period the service is cancellable by giving one months notice of cancellation. Such cancellation can only be made directly with your client account manager, by phone to 01242 421 005. Your final invoice will include one month’s subscription fees for your area/s.
6. It is a strict requirement of this service that your agency is registered with the Information Commissioners Office in order to comply with the provisions of the Data Protection Act 1998. By purchasing prospecting services from us you confirm that you have registered with the ICO.
7. The Smart Canvassing service is provided by the licensor, which is Cloud Centric Ltd, registered office North House, Farmoor Court, Cumnor Road, Farmoor, Oxford, OX2 9LU. Company registration number 08374883.
Termination of Contract
There is an initial contract of twelve months upon registration for the Smart Canvassing service. After this contract period the service is cancellable by giving one months notice of cancellation. Such cancellation can only be made directly with your client account manager, by phone to 01242 421 005. Email requests to cancel do not constitute acceptance of any cancellation. Only verbal requests made with your client account manager will create a cancellation request. Customers are encouraged to keep records of all cancellation communication.
Closing an account with Smart Canvassing cannot be done by simply cancelling the direct debit mandate or credit/debit card. We will continue to treat this as an open account and the billing cycle will continue, resulting in a past due account that may be turned over to a third-party collection service. It is imperative that account cancellation is done by speaking with your client account manager, to ensure account closure.
Cancellation of an account does not dismiss outstanding invoices. At the time of cancellation, any outstanding balance must be settled. All cancelled accounts with an outstanding balance may be automatically turned over to a third-party collection service. If a cancellation is made during the initial contract period, all outstanding invoices (subscription + 30p for each address in the relevant months will be due). Failure to make payment could result in extra charges.
Your final invoice will include one month’s subscription fees for your area/s. Please bear in mind that should you do so then we reserve the right to re-allocate your area to another agent, who many well be a competitor of yours, and we would not be able to reinstate your subscription thereafter, as that agent would then have exclusivity.
Only when this payment is received is the account officially cancelled. Should invoices remain outstanding then the service will remain live and you will incur additional subscription costs.
This payment can be made over the phone via credit card, or via direct debit, although you should be aware that direct debit payments can take up to 10 days to process, so please avoid cancelling it yourself, as this could result in further charges. The AgentCentric team will handle your cancellation, and inform you when the final balance has cleared, at which point we will cancel the mandate.